IOM is operating information points in Budapest to provide immediate assistance to the people fleeing war in Ukraine.
Info Point Budapest - Nyugati Railway Station
IOM is running an Info Point to provide immediate assistance to the people fleeing the war in Ukraine.
IOM Hungary provide information for people fleeing war in Ukraine on the following topics:
- Information provision (working, studying, banking, traveling, healthcare in Hungary)
- Legal status and counselling.
- Short-term accommodation for Ukrainians and Third Country Nationals
- Awareness raising and prevention of risks relating to trafficking in persons and exploitation
Location: Nyugati Railway Station underpass
Open hours: Monday-Saturday: 10:00 - 17:00 // Sunday: closed (please be advised these are new times, updated on 18 May 2023!)
“Budapest Helps!” Information and Community Center
IOM Hungary and UNHCR Hungary in partnership with the Municipality of Budapest, have jointly established the joint “Budapest Helps!” Information and Community Center. The Center supports access to crucial information and assistance services for those who have fled the ongoing war in Ukraine and provide a safe space where people arriving to Hungary can meet with each other and the local Budapest community. The Centre also hosts a wide range of community events focusing on integration and well-being, including Hungarian language classes and early childhood development support.
- Provision of information and information sessions on relevant topics: legal counselling, access to education and support on school enrollment, access to health care, employment assistance, support with administrative issues, etc.
- Information for third-country nationals on accommodation, ticketing, temporary residence permit, etc.
- Children’s programs (arts and crafts, robotics classes, etc.)
- Recreational activities through art and culture
- Hungarian and English classes
- Arts programming, arts performances and workshops
- Awareness raising and empowerment programs
- Community support programs
- Ukrainian cultural and community events, and more!
Languages spoke: Hungarian, Ukrainian, English, Russian
Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm // Sunday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Budapest, 1052, Bárczy István utca 1 -3.
Further information: UNHCR information on "Budapest Helps!" Information and Community Center