Pilot Project to Assist in Family Reunification to Hungary (2016 - 2018)
Geographical Coverage: Hungary and various
Duration: 01 August 2016 – 30 June 2018
Donor: AMIF (national allocation)
Summary: The objective of this project is to contribute to the effective use of the EU Directive on the Right to Family Reunification in Hungary through offering comprehensive assistance to recognized refugees and persons under subsidiary protection in Hungary and their eligible family members with their family reunification cases.
The project has five objectives:
- The project will provide information to potential and actual beneficiaries on the rules and requirements of the family reunification process;
- The project will facilitate the application process for family reunification;
- The project will provide logistical support if necessary to the family members as they travel from the country of origin/country of residence to the competent embassy or consulate and later to Hungary;
- The integration process will be initiated for the family members;
- The results of the project will be evaluated and presented. Expert interviews (10) will be conducted with the staff of the relevant IOM offices and with the staff of partner organizations, based on which an assessment of the project and a set of recommendations for future family reunification projects can be drafted. Based on feedback received from the beneficiaries and the experts, a Practical Guidance Note on Family Reunification Projects will be produced and made available online.